EXPLAIN THE FUNCTION OF THE MIDDLE LEVEL MANAGEMENT
Meaning: -Every level of management performs certain function. The function does vary from level to level.
The functions of Top level Management are briefly explained as follows:
- Planning: -The middle level management frames plans and policies for the departmental activities. They get the plans approved by top management.
- Organising: -The middle management make arrangement of physical, financial and other resources to undertake departmental activities.
- Selection: -The middle level management undertakes the selection of lower level executives. They also train the lower level executives.
- Direction: -The middle level management provides direction to lower level executives to undertake the activities effectively.
- Motivation: -The middle level management motivates the lower level executives so that they perform efficiently and effectively.
- Controlling: - The middle level management monitors and controls the departmental performance.
- Reporting: -The middle level management report to the top management in respect of departmental performance. They provide recommendation to the top management.