Simple, Complex and Compound sentences.
Complex Sentences: (because, when, while, where, as, before, after, that, since, as soon as, no sooner, if, unless, as .... though, if .... though, though, even though, although, whether, so .... that, till, only if, so that, until, which, ………)
Compound Sentence: (and, but, or, not only ...... but also, either ..... or, neither ..... nor, )
Conversion of Simple Sentences into Compound sentences
1. Simple: Seeing a snake he ran away.
Compound: He saw a snake and ran away.
2. Simple: Besides being intelligent she is beautiful.
Compound: She is intelligent and she is beautiful.
3. Inspite of his enormous wealth but still he is sad.
Compound: He possess enormous wealth still he is sad.
4. Simple: Standing with his grief he is optimistic (confident).
Compound: He is grievous but still he is optimistic.
5. Simple: To avoid danger you must be very careful.
Compound: Either you must be careful otherwise you will meet danger.
Conversion of Compound Sentences into Simple Sentences
1. I ate apple, I went to Cinema.
Eating apple I went to Cinema.
2. He passed M.B.B.S. and became a doctor.
Having passed M.B.B.S. he became a doctor.
3. You must study well or you will not get the first class mark.
You must study well to get the first class mark.
Conversion of Simple sentences into Complex sentences
1. He doesn’t know the date of his marriage.
He doesn’t know when he had married.
2. He expects first class in the medical examination.
He expects that he will get first class in the medical examination.
3. A man of justice gets respect every where
A man of who justice gets respect very where
4. The reason for his success is unknown.
The reason how he succeeded is unknown.
5. On seeing a police thief ran away.
As soon as thief saw the police ran away.
Conversion on Complex Sentences into Simple Sentences
1. Since he was tired he could not go to office.
On account of his tiredness, he could not go to office
2. What he aced was seen by all
His action was seen by all.
3. He student who studies well gets high marks
The well studying student gets high marks.
4. He went to the college where he studied
He went to his old college.
5. He replaced the old wall clock which was damaged.
He replaced the damaged wall clock.
6. He ran fast the he might not miss the train
He ran fast to catch the train
7. After I had reserved the tickets I returned to my house.
Having reserved the tickets I returned to house.
Compound to Complex
1. Study well or you will fail
Unless you study well you will fail.
2. He saw the name board and entered the hotel.
Seeing the name board, he entered that hotel.
3. He was suffering from fever and he was admitted in the hospital.
Since he was feverish he was admitted in the hospital.
4. He is strong but he is timid (scared).
Although he is strong, he is timid.
Complex to Compound
1. I saw a monkey which was sitting on a tree.
I saw the monkey. It was sitting on a tree.
2. If you go to Agra you can see Tajmahal.
Go to Agra you can see Tajmahal.
3. I suspect that he has done the murder.
He has done the murder. I suspect him.
4. Though the soldier was wounded, but he went to the battle field again.
The soldier was wounded. He went to the battle field again.