Q1. A. Complete the following statements by choosing the appropriate alternatives from those given in the brackets. (3 )
1. The _________ of 1764 was passed by the British Parliament. (Stamp Act, Sugar Act, Import Duties Act)
2. “Without ___________, the French Revolution would not have taken place.” (Rousseau, Montesquieu, Voltaire)
3. Africa was called as ________ (The Province of Slaves, The Dark Continent, The Backward Territory)
B. Match the correct pairs: (3)
1. Franklin Roosevelt
2. Winston Churchill
3. Albert Einstein
a. German Scientist
b. President of America
c. President of France
d. British Prime Minister
e. Russian Scientist
Q2. Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words (any two) (4)
1. What is meant by a revolution?
2. What is economic imperialism?
3. Why had European Imperialist nations to quit the colonies?
Q3. Give reasons for the following statements in 25 to 30 words (any two) (4)
1. Japan and Italy were offended
2. The U.N. failed to check the critical situation arising out of the Cold War in the case of superpowers.
3. In its practical form, globalization has become synonymous with new colonialism.
Q4. Answer each of the following questions in 40 to 50 words (any two) (6)
1. Explain the theory of Separation of Power of Montesquieu.
2. What was the contribution of the revolutionaries to the Indian Freedom Movement?
3. How is the knowledge of space used for the welfare of mankind?
Q5. Answer each of the following question in 80 to 100 words (any two) 8
1. What were the effects of the Industrial Revolution on the world?
2. What was the significance of the Russian Revolution?
3. What aggressive policies were adopted by Hitler after consolidating power in Germany?
Q6. Fill in the blanks with a suitable word from those given in brackets. (2)
1. The Indian citizens above ___________ years of age elect the members of the Lok Sabha (16, 18, 21, 25)
2. At the apex of the judicial system in India is the ________ (Supreme Court, High Court, Subordinate Court, Lok Nyayalaya)
Q7. Answer the following question in 25 to 30 words each (any two)
1. Explain the qualifications prescribed for the membership of the Rajya Sabha.
2. What changes are caused by the imposition of a financial emergency.
3. How does democratic decentralizations help the people?
Q8. Write notes in 25 to 30 words each (any two) (4)
2. Judicial Powers of the President.
3. Block Development Officer.
Q9. Answer any one of the following questions: (2)
1. Why are the decisions of the Supreme Court binding on all the other courts?
2. Local Self – Government is a training school of democracy explain.