THE HOME OF SUCCESS
THE HOME OF SUCCESS
HISTORY CIVICS EXAM IST PRELIMINARY EXAM 2 HOURS 40 MARKS
1 (A) Complete the following statements by choosing appropriate alternatives from the brackets. 3 marks
1. The industrial revolution commenced first in ___________________ (France, England, America)
2. Soviet Russia sent the first space vehicle ______________in 1957. (Apollo, sputnik I, Aryabhata)
3. The Basic foundations of the U.N.O were laid down by the ____________ charter of august 1941. (Atlantic, Yalta, Teheran)
(B) Match the names in Group A with the suitable items in Group B. 3 marks
Group A Group B
1. The Atlantic Charter 1. Impetus to Europe’s economic progress
2. The Prison of Bastille 2. The Symbol of peace
3. The Industrial Revolution 3. Foundation of the U.N.O
4. The symbol of absolute monarchy
5. American declaration of Independence
2. Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words each (any two) 4 marks
1. What is industrial revolution?
2. How did man start the movement demanding the use of atomic power for peaceful purpose?
3. What are the functions of the General Assembly?
3. Give reasons for the following statements in 25 to 30 words each. (Any two) 4 marks
1. The progress of science and technology has brought innumerable benefits to man.
2. The five permanent members can halt any decision of the Security Council.
3. Rousseau is regarded as the prophet of French revolution.
4. Answer the following questions in 30 to 40 words each (any two) Group A 6 marks
1. Why did the cold war begin?
2. How did the British increase their trade in India?
3. Give an account of Boston Tea Party?
5. Answer the following questions in 80 to 100 words each (any two) 8 marks
1. What were the effects of the Industrial revolution on the world?
2. What was the significance of Russian Revolution?
3. What were the effects of the French Revolution?
6. Rewrite the sentence by choosing suitable alternatives from those given in the brackets. 2 marks
1. The Lok Sabha session begins with an address by the ___________. (speaker, President, vice-president)
2. The Indian citizens above ________years of age elect the members of the Lok Sabha. (16,18,21,25)
7. Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words each (any two) 4 marks
1. Why India has adopted federal system of Government?
2. State the power of the Vice president of India?
3. Write any two function of Prime Minister?
8. Write Short Notes in 25 to 30 words each (any two) 4 marks
1. Municipal Commissioner.
2. Composition of Lok Sabha
3. Judicial Review of the President
9. Answer the following questions in 30 to 40 words each (any one) 2 marks
1. State the power and function of Speaker of Lok Sabha?
2. Why Rajya Sabha did is called Permanent house of Parliament?