THE HOME OF SUCCESS
HISTORY CIVICS EXAM IST PRELIMINARY EXAM 2 HOURS 40 MARKS
1 (A) Complete the following statements by choosing appropriate alternatives from the brackets. 3 marks
1. In1853, ___________, an American naval officer, first entered into Japan. (commodore Perry, America Vespucci, Columbus)
2. King Louis XVI was guillotine on _________1793. (21st January, 22ndSeptember, 14th July)
3. Decca was traditionally known for its__________cloth. (British, Indian, Muslin)
(B) Match the names in Group A with the suitable items in Group B. 3 marks
Group A Group B
1. Explosion at Pokran 1. 1969
Uri Gagarin’s space journey 2. 1974
3. Neil Armstrong stepped on the Moon 3. 1967 Group C
2. Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words each (any two) 4 marks
1. What changes took place in the life of man by the discoveries in science and technology?
2. President of America Woodrow Wilson urged upon the allied nations to set-up a world organization?
3. What is meant by Boxer Rising?
3. Give reasons for the following statements in 25 to 30 words each. (Any two) 4 marks
1. In its practical form globalization has become synonymous with new colonialism.
2. The League of nation did little to rectify the injustice done to defeated nations.
3. Robespierre was put to death on 28th July 1794?
4. Answer the following questions in 30 to 40 words each (any two) 6 marks
1. Give an account of the special features of the constitution of France?
2. How did the cold war begin?
3. How did the Industrial revolution begin in England?
5. Answer the following questions in 80 to 100 words each (any two) 8 marks
1. What were the effects of the Industrial revolution on the world?
2. What were the Consequences of the World War 1?
3. What were the effects of the French Revolution?
6. Rewrite the sentence by choosing suitable alternatives from those given in the brackets. 2 marks
1. The _______________is the first citizen of the state. (Prime minister, Governor, President)
2. High Court judge retire at the age of _____________. (65, 62, 60)
7. Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words each (any two) 4 marks
1. Which important appointments made by the President?
2. Explain the grounds for the removal of the Judges?
3. Describe the qualification required for the judge of the High Court?
8. Write Short Notes in 25 to 30 words each (any two) 4 marks
1. Financial Power of Parliament
2. Method of Amendment of Indian Consitutuion?
3. Judicial Review
9. Answer the following questions in 30 to 40 words each (any two) 2 marks
1. What is meant by National Emergency?
2. What is the Purpose of creating cantonment board?