OMTEX CLASSES (k)
Village Medicine- நாட்டு மருந்து
Veg Special - சைவ உணவு
Non-Veg Special - அசைவ உணவு
செவ்வாய், 27 டிசம்பர், 2011
Board Question Paper September 2008 Economics
Time : 3 Hours Marks : 100
Q.1 (A) Fill in the blanks with appropriate alternatives given in the brackets: (5)
1. _________ studies about national income.
(Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / Statistics / Physics)
2. Land is a free gift of _________.
(human / nature / foreign / nation)
3. In _________ market, seller creates product differentiation.
(competition / perfect / pure / monopolistic)
4. To control inflation, there is need of __________ bank.
(central / state level / local / foreign)
5. Cheque is _________.
(credit money / cash money / paper money / metallic money)
(B) State Whether the following statements are True or False: (5)
1. Utility and usefulness are not different.
2. Desire means demand.
3. The demand of composite commodities is elastic.
4. The relationship between price and demand is inverse.
5. In macroeconomics, concentration is given on specific unit.
(C) Choose the correct answer: (5)
1. The demand of all consumers is ________.
(a) Individual demand
(b) specific demand
(c) market demand
(d) alternative demand
2. The elasticity of demand of pins is _________.
(c) perfect elastic
` (d) unit elastic
When income increases, the consumption expenditure will ________.
The money which is created by commercial banks is called ___________.
(a) legal tender money
(b) credit money
(c) paper currency
(d) metallic money
5. The income and expenditure is equal in the budget known as ____________.
(a) balanced budget
(b) surplus budget
(c) deficit budget
(d) annual budget
(D) Match the following Group 'A' and Group 'B': (5)
Demand of electricity
Income minus consumption expenditure
Q. 2 (A) Define or Explain the concepts (Any FOUR): (8)
1. Traveller's cheque
2. Expansion of demand
3. National income
6. Fixed deposits
7. Central Bank
8. Surplus budget
(B) State whether the following statements are true or false with reasons:
(Any FOUR) (8)
The demand of luxury commodities is elastic.
In monopoly, there is price discrimination.
Macroeconomics studies whole economy.
Macroeconomics studies small unit.
Effective demand increases employment.
Low interest is given on fixed deposit.
Cetral Bank works as a bank of people.
There is no difference between surplus and deficit budget.
Q. 3 (A) Distinguish between. (Any FOUR): (8)
1. Individual problem and National problem.
2. Individual demand and Market demand.
3. Less elastic demand and More elastic demand.
4. Stock and Supply.
5. Income method and Expenditure method.
6. Propensity to consume and Propensity to save.
7. Saving deposit and Fixed deposit.
8. Government income and Government expenditure.
(B) Give reasons or Explain. (Any FOUR): (8)
1. Utility depends upon the urgency of want.
2. The demand of goods depends upon many factors.
3. The supply curve slopes upwards from left to right.
4. In monopolistic market, the selling cost is must.
5. The supply of land is fixed.
6. The service of housewife is not included in national income.
7. The aggregate supply depends upon natural resources.
8. Credit money can ne refused.
Q. 4 (A) Answers the following in brief. (Any TWO): (8)
1. State the features of capital.
2. Define the national income.
3. What are the effects of population on consumption expenditure?
4. State the primary functions of money.
(B) Write explanatory notes. (Any TWO): (8)
2. Aggregate supply.
3. Overdraft facility.
4. Taxable income.
Q. 5 Answer with reasons whether you Agree or Disagree with the following statements.
(Any TWO): 
The law of diminishing marginal utility depends upon assumptions.
Macroeconomics studies individual units.
The Central Bank works as a bankers' bank.
Q. 6 Answer in detail. (Any TWO): 
1. State the factors affecting demand.
2. State the law of supply with assumptions.
3. What is monopoly? State its features.
டிசம்பர் 27, 2011
இதை மின்னஞ்சல் செய்க
Twitter இல் பகிர்
Facebook இல் பகிர்
Pinterest இல் பகிர்