IDIOMS AND PHRASES
1. Feeling safe with : My pet dog always feels safe with me around.
2. To have a place in someone’s heart: I know, I will always have a place in my mother’s heart.
3. Don’t dare to risk: If one does not date to risk, he will never find success.
4. To lose one’s calm: A good driver never loses his calm in heavy traffic.
5. Begin to take shape: My career will begin to take shape as soon as I finish my schooling.
6. Good at heart: Though my neighbours are poor, they are good at heart.
7. As fast as one changes socks: I have the habit of changing my hobbies as fast as I change socks.
8. Personalities are well matched: Ours is a lovely family as our personalities are well matched.
9. Fixing supper: I returned just when, my mother was fixing delicious supper.
10. Oversized heart crowded into a tiny body: Mother Teresa worked all her life for the betterment of the down – trodden, she had an oversized heart crowded into a tiny body.
11. Run short of: I couldn’t go home by cab, since I had run short of money.
12. As neat as a pin: My mother keeps the house as neat as a pin.
13. Rough and tumble: My little sister is so boisterous, she throws her cleaned bedroom into a rough and tumble in no time.
14. To make a new beginning: After my SSC exams it will be time for me to make a new beginning.
15. Take a long detour(diversion) : Since, I left early; I look a long detour to school.
16. Maintain the status quo: Only those who maintain the same status quo are made members of the organising committee.
17. To have extensive knowledge of : My teacher has extensive knowledge of English literature.
18. To face a financial crunch: The village committee helps those farmers who are facing a financial crunch.
19. Below poverty line: The Indian government is trying its level best to help Indians who live below the poverty line.
20. Tarred me forever: Losing the prestigious scholarship would have tarred me forever.